- Check-in: Girls and volunteer mentors share a little about their lives.
- Knowledge Swap and Get Active: Girls and mentors review the lesson and skill from the prior week and prepare for this week’s skill with a physical activity or game. Determination & Perseverance, Strong Competitor, Lifelong Learning, and Cultural sensitivity are some of the skills girls learn.
- Biography: Mentors and girls read about a strong contemporary or historical female role model and a skill she exemplifies.
- Throughout the year, girls learn about 20 diverse women, from physicist Fabiola Giannoti to Boston City Council member Ayanna Pressley.
- Activity: Girls, with help from their mentors, practice their skill with an interactive activity.
- Journal: Girls write about the new skill, and their mentors write a response to the entry before the next mentoring session.
Want to get your girl involved with Strong Women, Strong Girls?
Girls in grades 3-5 at any of our partner sites are eligible to apply for SWSG. Fill out the registration form below, return it to the SWSG office in your city, and a staff member will contact you to discuss your girl’s eligibility.