Our 2011-2012 Social Impact Report Is Here
Posted by Molly Brenner Nov 11, 2012 annual report, Social Impact Report
“I feel a real sense of community and what it means to be a good leader. SWSG gives me a sense of purpose and the power – the capability – to be a force for positive change.”
Hot off the presses, the 2011-2012 Social Impact Report shows how Strong Women, Strong Girls is instilling this power for positive change among three age groups: girls on the brink of adolescence, undergraduate women preparing to enter the workforce, and professional women emerging as leaders.
Here are just a few highlights of our Strength in Numbers:
- SWSG touched more than 2,000 lives in 2011-2012.
- SWSG piloted partnerships with new communities, including New Castle, PA and Herzilya, Israel, to bring the program to girls around the world.
- SWSG served more girls than ever before, engaging 1,400 girls in Boston, Pittsburgh, and South Florida.
- 94% of mentors reported that girls showed increased self-esteem.
Strong College Mentors
- SWSG engaged more college women as mentors than ever, a total of 377 women at 14 college partners.
- 92% of mentors reported increased leadership capabilities.
Strong Adult Volunteers
- SWSG engaged 147 adult volunteers, including significantly expanding the Strong Leaders program to match more professional women as Leadership Coaches to SWSG college mentors.
- 95% of Leadership Coaches reported increased communication, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- 93% of Site Monitors reported having a positive experience with SWSG.
These are just a few of the successes in the 2011-2012 Social Impact Report. Read the full report to see all of our strength in numbers, read stories of the girls and women touched by SWSG, and see the incredible supporters who have made SWSG’s growth and success possible.
Now, help us have a strong future: donate today!