Want to get involved? Registration now open for SWSG Boston’s Strong Leaders Network
Posted by Rebecca Ahmed Jul 7, 2015 Boston, capacity building, mentor, networking, professional, professional women, strong leaders, volunteer
We are excited to announce the kick-off of a new chapter of the Strong Leaders Network (formerly called the Strong Leaders Program) with Strong Women, Strong Girls (SWSG) Boston.
Are you a Boston-based professional woman looking for a unique opportunity to impact an empowering organization, develop your leadership skills, and join a positive community of women helping other women and girls? Then the Strong Leaders Network (SLN) is your resource. As a Strong Leader, you will join a community of women supporting SWSG and our college-aged mentors through networking, mentoring, and capacity building. SWSG’s college women are themselves mentors to pre-adolescent girls through our after-school program in Greater Boston. More information on SLN is available by clicking here.
Registration for the 2015-2016 program year is now open on a rolling basis. Click here to access the registration form. While you can register anytime, we strongly encourage you to register by September 1. Our Fall Training day will take place on Saturday, September 19th at Tufts School of Medicine in downtown Boston (Chinatown). It is strongly encouraged that both new and returning volunteers attend this training. However, note that missing Fall Conference due to a prior conflict will not prevent you from participating in the Strong Leaders Network. Note that in order to complete their registration, all volunteers will be required to complete safety forms (available in September) prior to taking part in SWSG activities.
Over the years, SWSG Boston has been blessed with a growing enthusiasm from a community of members who feel a connection to our mission of empowering women and girls. With over 80 professional women involved during the 2014-2015 year, we are called to leverage their dedication, resources, and wisdom in a way that helps catalyze our work as we take on our eleventh year as an organization. With that, we have adjusted the way in which we engage our community to offer a fluid, open network with a range of opportunities to support SWSG. There is something for everyone.
Here are some ways that you can get involved in SWSG through the Strong Leaders Network:
- A core series of themed networking events between October and March, designed to help you share wisdom and form supportive relationships with SWSG’s college women and peer professional women.
- Training Conferences for all mentors on September 19, 2015 and late January 2016.
- Opportunities to support SWSG’s six campus chapters with college mentor-organized field trips for girls; mentor development events; and campus-based fundraisers.
- Help build SWSG’s capacity through team fundraisers, personal giving, and employer giving.
- Volunteer at one of SWSG’s signature events—Jump into Spring or the Strong Awards—both taking place in April. Or, join an event organizing committee.
- Organize a program supply drive in your community or workplace.
- Support our college mentors in delivering a high-quality program by serving as a Site Monitor (professional background in education or youth development required).
- Note: SWSG Boston will no longer formally create one-on-one mentoring matches between college women and professional women.
- A shared participant contact list and monthly email updates will help you stay engaged
Do you think your employer would be interested in sponsoring one of the Strong Leaders Network’s events? Opportunities for sponsorships are available—learn more by clicking here. Please contact [email protected] to explore the possibilities.