Programs in Boston
We serve with the vision that every woman and girl realizes her inner strength to dream and do.
Our programs are structured to:
- Offer girls from under-resourced communities strong female role models through a unique, skills-building curriculum.
- Empower girls to explore their passions, connect with their community, and develop a sense of agency over their lives.
- Facilitate opportunities for college women to receive support, career guidance, and an experienced perspective from local professional women.
- Connect professional women with future leaders to share their experiences and learn from younger women.
- Create a pipeline of strong female leadership in and around the region.
Girls in grades 3-5 participate in SWSG through weekly, after-school mentoring sessions focused on diverse female role models. They build supportive, growth-fostering relationships with committed College Mentors and practice skills like teamwork, leadership, and critical thinking through energetic and creative activities.
For girls: Find a program site near you! For college women: connect with your campus chapter!
My girl was inspired by the women studied in SWSG and the young women running the program. She enjoyed her interactions with her mentors. She recognizes that she can make a difference in people's lives and that she can grow up to be an inspiration to others.
Strong Leaders Program
Our multi-generational mentoring model depends on strong, dedicated professional women in the Boston Community. Strong Leaders mentor, coach, and prepare our college women volunteers for their future. With mentorship from professional women, our college women grow stronger as mentors for our girls. Women can volunteer as Engagement Leaders, providing support at special events, or Strong Ambassadors, working directly with college women.
Learn more and volunteer today.
Special Programs & Events
SWSG Boston is constantly innovating to create new programs and experiences for girls and women all over the city. You can join us at our annual Women’s Leadership Breakfast, Mentor Appreciation Night “Strong Awards”, Fall and Spring Mentor Training, the Jump into Spring Block Party, and more!
Volunteer With Us
Interested in becoming a College Mentor, Strong Leader, or event volunteer?Volunteer With Us