SWSG was founded in 2000 as a student group in Boston to create mentorship opportunities for women and girls.
SWSG provides mentorship programming annually to more than 1,200 girls from under-resourced communities in Boston and Pittsburgh with the help of more than 525 college women mentors. We have 13 college chapters and more than 80 program sites across the two cities, as well as a network of professional women who volunteer as Strong Leader mentors. Our growth in volume is matched by continuous program additions, as we create innovative opportunities for girls to meet new audiences and explore different careers and interests.
Elementary School Girls
- Build supportive-growth fostering relationships with strong female role models and their peers
- Practice skills like leadership, teamwork, and critical thinking
- Gain exposure to varied academic and career paths
- Have fun!
- Build positive relationships with girls and encourage their aspirations
- Develop as leaders and professionals through facilitation and networking
- Receive mentorship and guidance from professional women
Professional Women (Strong Leaders)
- Invest in the next generation through Group Mentoring and one-on-one mentoring matches
- Network and share experiences with a diverse community of women
- Build capacity as role models and leaders