Professional women in SWSG’s program are known as Strong Leaders. They serve as role models, guiding hands, and sisters in community with our College Mentors and elementary school girls. Strong Leaders are women of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences. No previous mentoring experience is required!
Women in the Strong Leaders Network can engage in one, some, or all of the following ways. Note that opportunities may vary depending on your local SWSG office.
- Group Mentoring with a community of college and professional women
- One-on-one mentoring matches with college women mentees (Pittsburgh)
- Share experiences as a real-life role model for elementary girls
- Attend, participate in, and/or lead professional development and networking events
- Volunteer at SWSG events and college chapter field trips
Now more than ever, it’s important for women to unite to break down social and institutional barriers to female empowerment. In every phase of a woman’s life, there is a great need for mentorship. The SWSG Strong Leaders Network provides professional women with the opportunity to invest in the next generation of strong women by engaging with our College Mentors, who in turn directly impact elementary girls in our program. This is the key to our multi-generational mentorship model, which builds enriching connections and opportunities to learn and grow together.
In return, Strong Leaders become part of a dynamic network of local women working to build connections with and for one another. Young professionals and mid-late career women interact at events, specialized mentoring experiences, and professional development opportunities.