Nominate a Strong Woman, Attend Strong Awards
Posted by Kayla Peck Feb 2, 2013 Boston, Current Events, empower girls, Leadership, leadership coaches, mentors, Pittsburgh, South Florida, SPARKS!, strong awards, support, volunteers
You are strong. We are proud.
It takes a strong female community in order to make Strong Women, Strong Girls a program that can positively impact girls, college mentors, and young women.
At SWSG’s Annual Strong Awards, we’ll be honoring the hard work of our extraordinary mentors, leadership coaches, adult volunteers, and community supporters who have helped to make a difference in Boston, Pittsburgh, and South Florida.
Pittsburgh | Thursday, March 23rd
11am – 1pm
123 University Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
South Florida | Coming this Summer!
- Above & Beyond College Woman Mentor: An individual college woman mentor who demonstrates exceptional commitment to her girls and chapter.
- Above & Beyond Mentor Team: A team of college women who mentor at a site together demonstrating exceptional teamwork, preparedness for programming and an unique ability to connect with their girls.
- Strong Community Partner: An individual or organization, including, but not limited to a Site Facilitator or Campus Coach, who has furthered the SWSG mission by working collaboratively to create innovative strategies to meet the needs of girls, young women and the community.
- Above & Beyond Adult Volunteer: An adult, such as a Leadership Coach, Site Monitor, or Advisory Council Member, who has demonstrated exceptional commitment and impact in furthering the SWSG mission.
- Above & Beyond Coaching Relationship: A college woman-leadership coach pair that has been successful in meeting consistently, forming a strong bond, and furthering the goals set forth collaboratively by coach and coachee.
- Above & Beyond Executive Board Member (Pittsburgh only): A chapter executive board member who displays passion towards the SWSG mission, initiative over position-specific responsibilities, and entrepreneurship in connection with overall chapter organization. She also exemplifies strong leadership skills and supports strong visioning and planning.
If you know of a woman who demonstrated exceptional dedication to serve young women & girls in her community & chapter in Boston or Pittsburgh, please be sure to nominate her today by clicking here.
If you would like to provide additional creative submissions (e.g., video), please send them to [email protected].
(Be sure to list the city, award, and last name in the subject line of the email.)
To learn more about Strong Awards in Boston & Pittsburgh, click here.