As we come to the end of the year, Strong Women, Strong Girls is taking a moment to celebrate sucess. With the recent publication of our 2010-2011 Social Impact Report, SWSG is reflecting on what a truly remarkable year 2010-2011 was for Strong Women, Strong Girls. SWSG reached more girls, mentors, and volunteers than ever before, collaborated with other girl-serving organizations like the Honey Shine mentoring program and the Big Sisters Association of Greater Boston, and empowered Kaliah and hundreds of other girls to “never give up.” We are looking forward to even more successes in 2012!
We want to thank Natixis Global Associates for their generous support underwriting the production and publication of the 2010-2011 Annual Report!
Strong Women, Strong Girls is celebrating…
- 94% of participating girls had increased aspirations to attend college and increased knowledge of career options as a result of SWSG
- 93 % of girls reported increased self-esteem
- 92% of girls felt a stronger connection to their peers
- SWSG engaged 1150 girls in 2010-2011 (growing from 870 in 2009-2010)
- With mentors and adult volunteers, SWSG touched a total of 1500 lives (growing from 1139 last year)
- SWSG received the 2010 National Philanthropic Business of the Year honor at the Classy Awards
- SWSG was honored with the Massachusetts Nonprofit Excellence Award in Communications
Also in the report, SWSG is grateful for:
- Strong Collaborations
- Strong Supporters
- Strong Staff
And most of all, Strong Women, Strong Girls is celebrating Strong Stories:
Kaliah, a third-grader in Medford, MA shared: “I’ve learned a lot from SWSG. I’ve learned that when you’re determined to do something, you don’t give up and you keep on trying. My favorite lesson of the semester was when we used the string to say our favorite part of our culture. At the end, it formed a big web that showed how we are all connected.”
View the full report to read more about a truly strong year!